kingofallcosmos

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

My Sincerest Apologies

Okay, so I have been completely absent from my own blog for about a month and a half. In that time, I have done quite a few things, but the main reason for the lack of further posts is that I am in the process of purchasing a new computer. Now, our current computer is just fine for blogging, don't get me wrong, but it is insufficient for almost everything else. More importantly, it is located in the solitary confinement ward of our house, in Carolyn's office. Our new computer is going to have a nice central location in our living room so that one could theoretically use the computer while watching television. (That is how we had it set up when we were in the apartment, and it worked pretty well. Until the new computer comes, my posts will definitely be fairly sporadic.

As for the second order of business, if you are reading this post, you are probably one of four people: Heather, Carolyn, e-Lor, or Zack. This part is directed at Zack, but will be written for the benefit of all to read. Zack mentioned on his blog that he is interested in attending the Classic Gaming Expo. Given that I had gone back and forth in my head for a very long time about whether or not I wanted to go to the Expo alone, ultimately deciding in favor of being lazy, I was eager to go if Zack is going. The slight snag in this plan is that even though I have been reading Zack's blog for two months, I have not had the guts to write to him to let him know that I exist. Background: Zack was one of my best friends in college, even though he started two years after I did. We had a lot of great times together, and even got together once after I graduated and did a fun road trip. But then I lost track of him. I tried to invite him to my wedding, I wanted him to be a groomsman, but I only got ahold of his mom or aunt or someone like that. Every few months I do a search for a few past friends, Zack included, in hopes that I can do some catching up. Anyway, I always enjoyed his company, so I guess that as long as I never contact him, I can imagine that he enjoyed hanging out with me too, and that he would know who I am if we were talking to each other. (It may sound silly, but there is still a big part of me that is that kid who is always moving around, leaving school after a year, and then calling old friends and finding out that they don't even remember who you are.) So, I want to catch up with Zack, so I wrote him a message letting him know that I would like to go to the Expo, but I used a pseudonym. So, he has replied to the message on his site, naturally wanting to know who is contacting him...

So, right now I have spent a bunch of time deciding what to do, and I am going to go ahead and let him know it is me, because otherwise would be way too paranoid. If you are Zack, you remember this happening already, because that is how you found this blog and is why you are reading this now. If nothing else, it has been a pleasure reading up on your exploits of the past year. Hope to hear from you soon.

4 Comments:

  • Chris! You could've just written "Bill Lambier" and it would have been enough!

    After I missed your wedding, I felt like a big jackass, and I guess it felt easier to not try and contact you and apologize. I'm sorry. It wasn't something I consciously thought through.

    Anyhow, yes, we should go the expo, especially since there won't even be one next year. Okay, well, especially since we haven't seen each other in like four years.

    ...

    But the lack of an expo next year would also be a factor.

    Anyhow, send me an email, fornaca at hotmail.

    By Blogger Zack, at 8/17/2005 9:54 AM  

  • I'm glad you're not a stalker, but it's a shame you're not a pirate. Still, I would probably have to lay the smackdown if you tried to sell Zack into slaver, pirate or not, though most likely pirate in that case.

    By Blogger lydia, at 8/17/2005 9:18 PM  

  • slaver*y*. That should have read "slavery." yarr.

    By Blogger lydia, at 8/17/2005 9:18 PM  

  • Ladies and gentlemen, my girlfriend.

    By Blogger Zack, at 8/17/2005 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home